Thursday, December 14, 2006

An Exclusive I Didn't Even Know About

Is this true? What on earth is wrong with the Gawker tipster? If they don't care about the J-school, one would hope they at least care about other students and themselves. Then again, it could be one of the cheaters. Talk about shooting yourself right in your degree... that is, unless they're about to get expelled.

Columbia J-School Ethics Scandal Gets More Scandalous, McCarthy-esque

Columbia Journalism School was thrown into a tizzy recently with the revelations that there had been improprieties surrounding the school's ethics exam. But now a couple weeks have gone by, and the news reports have slowed to a trickle. Of course, that doesn't mean that all is well in Morningside Heights. A tipster reports from the bowels of the J-school:

"The administration is still conducting a witchhunt behind the scenes. Someone gave up names (I know who the rat is, and I'm pissed off enough that I'd love to see her name published and her humiliated), and they're attempting to establish who passed on the exam questions on down the line. Problem is, some of her accusations are completely false (I know that for a fact.)"

Read the rest of the post.

3 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Blogger S Goldsmith said...

Forgive me, but I think you buried the lede. The real story here is the truly McCarthy-esque witch hunt that's going on behind closed doors. While I hope a tipster with this kind of first-hand knowledge would first bring them up internally, the fact is that what's happening is egregious, and not something to whisper about. Lest we forget past lessons learned...

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Barry.Petchesky said...

I second that comment. Not to rehash this whole cheating business, but to me at least, I care more about loyalty and professionalism in my future journalists.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Google Blogger said...

Barry,

Three questions:

1. Are you referring to personal or professional loyalty?

2. To whom should a journalist be loyal?

2. Would you place loyalty above honor?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home