Monday, December 04, 2006

Horrible NY Observer article

Columbia J-School: At Stake, 'The Value of Our $60,000 Degree'

The paranoia was arresting at Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism on Friday afternoon, Dec. 1. It wafted out from the Lecture Hall, where about 200 graduate students from a "Critical Issues in Journalism" class faced allegations of cheating on a final essay test.

Two girls scrambled to the door when they spotted reporters lingering in the hallway. One shrieked, "So they can just stand here and listen to everything?" The department intern, guarding the entrance with her trusty V.I.P. student list, shooed reporters away from the door. Word made it to dean of students and moderator Sreenath Sreenivasan within minutes and he (falsely) announced that reporters were "recording" the meeting, according to Barbara Fasciani, director of communications and special events for the J-School.

Read the rest here.

1 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger david ressel said...

this was emailed to me, and boy it hit me hard. I have thick skin, but I do not want to have to live my career with this hanging over me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home