Sunday, September 24, 2006

This has very little do with journalism...

...and that's how I like it. Last night, I went to a double-header roller derby bout in Long Island -- about which my post on Glamourite should appear this week. On the way home, I was riding everyone's favorite, the M60 bus, back from Queens, when my friend gets a look of shock, confusion and dismay on her face -- not unlike the look on Flavor Flav's face when he realized Sumthin' had pooped on the floor. So I look back to what seems to be transfixing her eyes, and there is a man standing in the bus stairwell, with a distinct stream of urine surging from his midsection. About 10 seconds later, the bus door opens, and he casually steps out and begins a boisterous walk westward on 125th Street.

It's my personal belief that you have not lived in a city until you have seen someone either vomit or urinate on public transportation. I've seen both. Can we officially say I'm a New Yorker now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home