Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The first 'real' week of class are kicking in.

Last night, I had first RW2 class, and law and critical issues are coming. Plus it really has that fall back-to-school feel in the air.

To keep the momentum alive, SPJ elections will coming soon. It would be great getting started on events, etc. The elections will be on-line, and there will be a night for candidates to speak beforehand. In addition, I was hoping to have an informal get together--introduce some more veterans from last year (who are now off-campus or in M.A. program).

Some things are happening. Like some pro-social ideas that people have suggested.Also, speaker ideas, that myself and others have done some preliminary work. Once we have a formal org. all this will be easier.

On that note. I met Judy Miller at a story i was covering, she said she'd come but no promise yet. I will begin to nag. Also, I we have chance to host Mary Mapes (with some $ strings..that might get worked out) Do you think She would be a good choice as big fall speaker? I am not sure,She was the producer of the Dan Rather piece regarding President Bush's services in the military with the questionable "Killian" documents.
Other speakers have popped up, and popped in people's minds, .most not on this order of magnitude.

just some thoughts. I'd love some input.

1 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger nightgrapefruit said...

A what NOT to do series. I love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home